- Kills odor causing bacteria and enhances the taste of stored potable water
- Treatment has a 4 year shelf life from manufacturing date
- Treats up to 30 gallons and easy to Use and No Aftertaste
- EPA Reg. No. 71766-1 and Made in the USA
|Step One||Prior to treatment clean and disinfect the water storage container and lid.|
|Step Two||Place 7 drops Aquamira Water Treatment (Part A) and 7 drops Phosphoric Acid Activator (Part B) in a cap to pre-mix.|
|Step Three||Let mixture react for 5 minutes to ensure full activation.|
|Step Four||Fill container with 1 quart (1 liter) water. Add contents of mixing cap.|
|Step Five||Shake or stir and let stand for 15 more minutes. If water is very cold or turbid let stand for 30 minutes.|
|Step Six||Water is now ready for use. Enjoy!|
Chlorine dioxide is generated when the Aquamira Water Treatment comes in contact with water. Chlorine dioxide is iodine and chlorine free. The unique formula works by releasing nascent oxygen, a highly active form of oxygen, which is a strong oxidant and a powerful germicidal agent. Chlorine dioxide has been used by municipal water treatment plants to kill a variety of waterborne pathogens since the late 1940s. Unlike free chlorine (familiar as household bleach) or other halogen chemicals (such as iodine), chlorine dioxide does not create potentially harmful by-products.
Aquamira’s key benefits are clearly evident when compared to the other common portable water treatment chemicals such as iodine. Chlorine dioxide is a significantly stronger oxidant than iodine. Unlike iodine, chlorine dioxide eradicates protozoan cysts such as Cryptosporidium and Giardia which are responsible for over 80% of waterborne illnesses. Chlorine Dioxide does not discolor water, nor does it give water an unpleasant taste. In fact, chlorine dioxide is often used to improve the taste of water by neutralizing unpleasant flavors.