The Berkey Light water purifier can be used in any setting, but it was originally designed to be a lower-cost, lightweight, portable alternative to larger stainless steel units. Weighing only seven pounds, the Berkey Light holds 2.5 gallons of purified water and can provide enough water for groups of up to 10 to 20 people. The Berkey Light is ideally suited for outdoor and emergency use, as it requires no water pressure and no electricity and can provide pure drinking water from almost any source. More than just a water filter, the Berkey Light is classified as a water purifier.
Berkey’s microfiltration system outperforms competitors by filtering out 99.99% of viruses and bacteria — as well as other contaminants such as chlorine and lead — without the use of harsh chemicals. The Berkey Light water filter systems have features that are unique to this specific model of water purifier. Light and durable, the see-through container makes it easier to determine the amount of water in the upper container without the need to have the water-view spigot. The built-in elevated base makes it possible to place a drinking water glass under the spigot without having to place the unit on the edge of the counter. The lightweight BPA-free poly material is extremely durable, making it dent- and shatter-proof. The Berkey Light water purifier produces the same quality and quantity of water as the stainless steel models at a more economical price. All Berkey Light water filter units come with two filters and two plugs and have the capability to accept four filters. It’s the most economical of the larger units; the two Black Berkey filters that come with the unit are good for up to 6,000 gallons of purified drinking water, at only about 2 cents per gallon. From the Manufacturer Now you can enjoy virtually the most delicious, freshest, and healthiest drinking water possible for pennies a day. Anytime a reliable and healthy source of purified water is desired. Berkey Water Purification Systems are the ultimate in water purification and the ideal personal protection traveling companions. Used worldwide for normal, hostile and emergency environments to provide the purest, sparkling clean water possible. The revolutionary Black Berkey self-sterilizing and re-cleanable purification elements, purify water by removing pathogenic bacteria, cysts, and parasites entirely and by extracting harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222, and trihalomethanes. They also reduce nitrates, nitrites, sediment and
unhealthy minerals such as lead and mercury. Constructed of a shatter resistant, high impact strength non BPA copolyester; the system comes complete with two purification elements, a base and utilizes the latest technological
advances. This system has a storage capacity of about 2.75 gallons and when in use it stands 26.5″ in height with a diameter of 9″. The system stands 21″ when used without the included base. This system comes with two Black Berkey® purification elements, and can purify up to 4 Gallons per hour. The Berkey Light system is designed for use during travel, outdoor activities and during unexpected emergencies. This powerful system purifies both treated water and untreated raw water from such sources as remote lakes, streams, stagnant ponds, and water supplies in foreign countries, where regulations may be substandard at best. Perfect for outdoor activities and a must in hostile environments where electricity, water pressure or treated water may not be available.
- 2.75 GALLON CAPACITY- The portable Berkey Light System is ideal for small groups and comes standard with 2 Black Berkey Elements. Process water faster by adding additional Black Berkey Elements. The Berkey Light System can hold a maximum of 4 elements. The system has a 2.75 gallon (10.4 liters) capacity, is just 21 tall (when used without base, 26.5″ tall with base) and 9 in diameter.
- FILTERS TYPICAL CONTAMINANTS THAT COULD BE PRESENT IN TAP WATER AND RAW, FRESHWATER SOURCES SUCH AS LAKES, RIVERS AND PONDS- Choose only Black Berkey Elements. There are no substitutes for Berkey performance and quality.
- ECONOMICAL, LONG-LASTING- A pair of Black Berkey Elements lasts for up to 6,000 gallons before replacement is recommended, depending on the quality of influent water. Each additional pair of elements (sold separately) adds an additional 6,000 gallons of contaminant reduction to your system before replacement is recommended. Black Berkey Elements average just 2 cents per gallon of water.
- RUGGED AND LIGHTWEIGHT- System is durable, dent-resistant and easy to take with you, making it ideal for travel, camping, hunting, RVing, fishing, extended off-grid use, emergencies and disaster relief. No tools, electricity or plumbing required.
- FOOD-GRADE CO-POLYESTER CONSTRUCTION- Durable non-BPA/BPS co-polyester does not retain or leach foul tastes and odors into your water. System includes matching plastic base for enhanced stability and easy dispensing.
Product will be packaged in pouches, cans, buckets or boxes. The product may or may not be labeled under a different brand but will be the same exact product listed and carry the same characteristics such as gluten-free, organic, non-GMO, all-natural, etc. Servings per pouch may or may not be exactly the same as shown in the product description but you will get at least as many servings as you order.