From the Manufacturer:
Berkey Sport Replacement Element – New Millennium The Sport Berkey® replacement purification elements feature the IONIC ADSORPTION MICRO FILTRATION SYSTEM. This filter is designed to remove and/or dramatically reduce a vast array of health-threatening contaminants from questionable sources of water, including remote lakes and streams, stagnant ponds and water supplies in foreign countries where regulations may be sub-standard at best.
The “Tortuous Path” structure of these pores gives it its unique characteristics. The media within the filter element removes contaminants by a surface phenomenon known as “adsorption” which results from the molecular attraction of substances to the surface of the media. This exclusive filter also incorporates proprietary absorbing media that are impregnated into the micro-porous filter for the IONIC absorption of pollutants into the filter such as aluminum, cadmium, chromium, copper, lead, mercury, and other dangerous heavy metals. The Sport Berkey® Replacement Purification Element eliminates or reduces: Harmful microscopic pathogens: E-coli >99.99999%, Cryptosporidium, Giardia and other pathogenic bacteria. Toxic chemicals> 99.9%: Trihalomethanes, VOCs, detergents, pesticides, etc. Radiologicals: > 99.9%: Radon 222 Heavy metals > 99.9%: Aluminum, Cadmium, Chromium, Copper, Lead, and Mercury Unpleasant taste and odors, cloudiness, silt, sediment and chlorine > 99.9% Refill Capacity: Water from any source: 160 refills Municipal Water: 740 refills CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS PLEASE NOTE: As of January 1, 2010, we
will suspend sales of all Berkey water filtration and purification products in the state of California.
- INCLUDES: One REPLACEMENT FILTER for the Sport Berkey Filtering Water Bottle. Each Filter filters up to 100 gallons (640 refills) of municipal water and up to 25 gallons (160 refills) of water from question sources such as lakes, streams, rivers and etc. Please note Sport Berkey Water Bottle Not Included.
- FILTRATION TECHNOLOGY: Utilizes ionic adsorption micro filtration technology. Water Bottle Filter absorbs water pollutants such as aluminum, cadmium, chromium, copper, lead, mercury, and other dangerous heavy metals.
- TESTING: The Sport Berkey Water Bottle Filter has been tested by State & EPA accredited laboratories to EXCEED in the EPA Protocol for Microbiological Filters and ANSI/NSF Standard 53, adapted for sport bottles.
- REMOVES: Hex. Chromium (Chromium 6) >99.9% | Lead >97.5% | Mercury >98% | Chloroform >99.8% | Arsenic 76.5% REDUCES: Harmful microscopic pathogens | Toxic chemicals | Trihalomethanes| Volatile Organic Compounds | Toxic chemicals | Detergents | Pesticides | Heavy metals | Unpleasant taste and odors, cloudiness, silt, sediment and chlorine
- USAGE: Perfect for everyday, traveling or adventuring! The Sport Berkey Filter is easy to use and is very light weight! The filter is designed to reduce or remove many harmful contaminants from questionable sources of water, including remote streams, lakes, stagnant ponds and sub-standard water supplies in foreign countries where regulations are non-existent or not enforced.
Product will be packaged in pouches, cans, buckets or boxes. The product may or may not be labeled under a different brand but will be the same exact product listed and carry the same characteristics such as gluten-free, organic, non-GMO, all-natural, etc. Servings per pouch may or may not be exactly the same as shown in the product description but you will get at least as many servings as you order.