Freeze-dry your own food with a Harvest Right Freeze Dryer!
These freeze dryers will help your food stay fresh for many years to come. Designed specifically four patriots. For at home, or pharmaceutical purposes or scientific purposes as a lyophilizer machine. Our freeze dryers ship free and accessory orders ship free if over $249 (continental US only.)
FREEZE DRYER FINANCING AVAILABLE!
Select PayPal at checkout, you'll see a prompt about financing and making payments. Select that option, from there you'll be able to fill out the financing application and receive a decision on the spot.
Preserve tasteful, large pieces of high quality fruits, vegetables and meats.
Apricot halves, strawberry halves, thick peach slices, large strips of cooked steak, whole shrimp, ice cream sandwiches, etc. …not small dices or shavings of fruit or meat that you find in store bought freeze dried products.
Cut down on waste.
Food that is typically wasted and thrown away can be freeze dry preserved until you are ready to eat it. Studies have shown that the average family of four throws away 30% to 40% of the food they purchase each month, a value equal to $2,000 or more per year.
With an in-home freeze dryer, families can avoid much of this waste by preserving leftovers and ripe fruits and vegetables before they go bad.
If these same families were to purchase freeze dried meals and fruit on the open market equal to to this, it could easily cost them $6,000 or more. Freeze dried food can be very expensive. It typically costs 5 to 6 times as much as fresh food. So, why not freeze dry your leftovers and your ripening fruits, meats and vegetables at home in your own Harvest Right freeze dryer.
Perfect for a variety of diets.
• Avoid processed foods and preservatives
• GMO free ingredients
• Use gluten free ingredients
• Create vegetarian, vegan, or even a standard diet that includes good quality meat and dairy products
If you want to create higher quality, better tasting emergency and camping food that is tailored to you and your family, a Harvest Right Freeze Dryer is for you.
Create a realistic emergency food supply.
Many people purchase what they consider to be a year’s supply of prepared meals and don’t realize that each meal is only 200-300 calories. In order to truly have a one year supply of food for a family of four, based on a daily intake of 1500-2000 calories, one would need to purchase substantially more food. This could easily cost $10,000 or more.
Why not use a Harvest Right in-home freeze dryer to preserve your own meals, fruits, vegetables, meats, and desserts? Your own freeze dried food will be high quality, healthy and inexpensive.
Prepackaged, processed meals include the following added ingredients that you may not want in your meals:
Corn oil, maltodextrin, hydrolyzed corn gluten, autolyzed yeast extract, chicken fat, corn starch, yeast extract, safflower oil, citric acid, ascorbic acid, durum semolina, hydrolyzed vegetable protein, hydrolyzed corn torula, flavoring, niacin, ferrous sulfate, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, calcium caseinate, glucono-delta-lactone, sodium aluminum phosphate.
Studies have shown that the average family of four throws away 40% of the food they purchase each month, a value of about $190.00. If families would freeze-dry this food before it is ruined they could preserve as much as four months of food per year for future use.
If these same families were to purchase freeze dried meals and fruit on the open market equal to this quantity, it could easily cost them $5,000 or more. Freeze dried food has a market value of 5 to 6 times the amount it costs to purchase fresh food.
- The average family throws away $2,275 of food each year. With food prices continuing to grow, this number will continue to increase.
- On average, 40% of food is wasted in the U.S. That equals 165 billion dollars a year.
- 870 million people in the world suffer from malnourishment.
- When food is wasted we also waste massive amounts of energy, water, and chemicals.
We can do better! By using Harvest Right’s Freeze dryer much of this waste can be preserved for future use. Imagine having your ripening fruit saved for later use as snacks, in your children’s lunches, and in a variety of things like desserts, jello, and homemade smoothies. Leftover meals (steak, roast beef, chicken, spaghetti sauce, soup and much, much more) can become the tastiest and most valuable part of your long term food supply.
How it Works
- Fresh or cooked foods are placed in the dryer where they are frozen to -40° F or colder.
- Once the food is frozen, the dryer creates a powerful vacuum around the food. Then, as the food is slightly warmed, the ice transitions into vapor and is drawn out of the food.
- The freeze-dried food is then sealed in moisture and oxygen proof packaging, (e.g. easy close bags) to ensure freshness until opened.
- When water is added to the food it regains its original fresh flavor, aroma, texture, and appearance!
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the freeze dryer work?
- The entire process is automatic.
- Fresh or cooked foods are placed in the Freeze Dryer where they are frozen to subzero temperatures.
- Once frozen, the freeze dryer creates a vacuum in the food chamber.
- As the food is gradually warmed the water turns to vapor and is drawn off (sublimation).
- When dry, the Freeze dryer notifies the user that the process is complete by sounding an audible beep.
- The freeze-dried food is then removed from the system and vacuum sealed in moisture and oxygen proof container (preferably a mylar pouch or a can) to ensure freshness until opened.
- When water is added to the food, it regains its original fresh flavor, aroma, texture, and appearance!
What can be freeze dried?
You truly can freeze-dry almost anything. All kinds of fruits, vegetables and meats taste wonderful when freeze dried. That includes things like tomatoes, apples, bananas, strawberries, peaches, green beans, peppers, onions, potatoes, spinach, shrimp, pork, beef, lobster and more.
Your favorite meals that include meat may be easily freeze dried. Foods like lasagna, rice dishes, cheese macaroni, chili, beef stew, chicken a la king, casseroles, shrimp, lobster, pulled pork, pasta sauces or scrambled eggs are perfect for this process.
You will find that it is a delight to experiment with different foods and meals in your Freeze Dryer. A great way to start is by picking meals that are already favorites in your home.
How long does it take to freeze dry something?
It can take around 24 hours to complete the process. Food type and quantity will affect the freeze-dry cycle. Things like peas and corn dry quickly, while squash and watermelon can take longer. The thickness of the food slices will affect the cycle time too.
Most importantly, your machine senses when the food is ready (alerting you with a beep) so you don’t have to guess when to stop the freeze-dry cycle.
Is it OK to prepare and freeze things prior to placing in the dryer?
Yes! It is a great to put frozen products into your Freeze Dryer. Your machine will accept pre-frozen foods and cool them even further, to around -40 degrees F.
What about support?
Simply call the “support” line if there is ever a problem. If the problem is something that cannot be handled over the telephone, arrangements will be made to repair or replace your freeze dryer.
What type of power does it use?
Standard 110 Volt
How expensive is it to run?
Harvest Right has taken every precaution to make this appliance run as affordably as possible. Similar machines run on 220 volt and cost over ten dollars a day to run. Depending on power costs in your area, your Freeze Dryer could cost $1.40-$2.80 a day.
Where does the water go that is taken out of your food?
When the food is heated, the water sublimates (vaporizes) and forms an ice ring on the walls inside chamber. Once the freeze dry cycle is complete, the dryer will defrost itself and water will drain into your sink or a bucket placed to the side of the machine.
A possible benefit is that Harvest Right’s freeze dryer creates potentially drinkable water through its freeze dry process.