This is the Original Astronaut Ice Cream sandwich. Chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry ice cream sandwiched between two chocolate wafers, then freeze-dried, just like the astronauts eat! So, what exactly is astronaut ice cream?
It’s simple: freeze-dried ice cream is real ice cream! We use the process of lyophilization, commonly known as freeze-drying, to turn the ice cream you know and love into something truly special. Lyophilization removes 98% of the original water content, and the result is a crunchy, creamy sweetness that melts in your mouth. We use the same process to freeze dry fruits, which brings out the sweetness and adds an unexpected crunch to nature’s candy. Best
of all, the freeze-drying process allows fruit to retain all of its nutrition! Since the very beginning, all of our products have been proudly made in the USA. You can find our home base in sunny, beautiful Boulder, CO.
- Contains 6 – 1 Ounces Pouches of Freeze-Dried Astronaut Ice Cream Neapolitan Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Ready to Eat – No refrigeration or rehydration required. This is the perfect treat for hiking, camping, school snacks, kids parties or to enjoy as an everyday dessert.
- 100% Real Ice Cream – We take real ice cream, freeze it to -40F degrees, then vacuum dry to remove more than 98% of the water. Its real ice cream that melts in your mouth, without the mess.
- Made in the USA – This is the Original Freeze-Dried Ice Cream. Its the very same ice cream developed for NASA in the 1960s, and proudly made in Boulder, CO.
- 3-Year Shelf-Life: This no-mess, no-melt snack or dessert can be stored for up to 3 years. No refrigeration required.
Product will be packaged in pouches, cans, buckets or boxes. The product may or may not be labeled under a different brand but will be the same exact product listed and carry the same characteristics such as gluten-free, organic, non-GMO, all-natural, etc. Servings per pouch may or may not be exactly the same as shown in the product description but you will get at least as many servings as you order.