“The motivation behind the Frontier MAX filtration system was easy, we wanted a filter that does everything and does it better than anything else. So we told our engineers to get to work, and what they designed is the Frontier MAX. MAX because it does it all, and does it better than anything else. We wanted a filter that connected to hydration packs. The MAX incorporates our patented UQC connection system that allows you to connect it to any quick connect on the market. We wanted a filter that protected you from every biological threat that you might possibly encounter, so we included the Aquamira GRN Line Backcountry filter, designed to be easy to use, lightweight, compact, and reliable. GRN Line Backcountry filtration is achieved using Hollow Fiber Technology. Inside a hollow fiber membrane water filter, hundreds of tubes are bundled together to create a filter matrix. The walls of these tubes are filled with microscopic pores, or holes. As you push water through the walls of these fibers, any microbiological threats in the water source are trapped inside.
The best thing about the MAX is that it connects to anything with a simple “”click”” and it accepts an array of Aquamira Series IV filters so that you can customize your system for whatever environment you find yourself in. It even comes with a patented Bite Me valve that converts the MAX to a filter straw with the same simple “”click””. Nothing is more versatile, Nothing provides more protection, and nothing else provides you with certified* claims. Anything else is just hype.”
Features and Benefits
- Backcountry PLUS Filter with up to 500 ml/minute flow rate.
- Certified filtration for 1000 gallons (over 3700 L)
- Lightweight a compact 1 oz. (71 g) packable protection.
- Customizable to accept any Series IV cartridge.
- Connects to reservoirs, gravity, and DIY systems via quick connects.
- Fits all Aquamira pressurized reservoirs, for pressure-assisted filtration on the trail.
- Includes Miraguard™ Antimicrobial* Technology suppresses the growth of bacteria, algae, fungus, mold and mildew within the filter media.
- Certified lead free (NSF/ANSI-372)
- BPA free, chemical free, and iodine free.
- Filter made in the USA.